Do not delay in making VISA arrangements for entry into the United States if needed. Such arrangements are the responsibility of attendees and other participants and may take up to a few months.
HOW TO OBTAIN A VISAComplete information on how to apply for a VISA to enter the US can be found on the U.S. Department of State's website, http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html
- A step-by-step outline of U.S. Visa application procedures: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visitor.html
- Estimated Wait Times: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/wait-times.html/?post=Baku
- More information on the Visa process and a glossary of related-terms: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/a-z.html
VISA ASSISTANCE FROM IEEE COMMUNICATIONS SOCIETY
Technical Paper Authors can generate their Visa Assistance Letters from ComSoc in EDAS.
- Log into EDAS, and find your paper.
- Toward the bottom of the page, you will find in the properties column the words "visa letter", and beside it, an image of an envelope outlined in yellow.
- Click on this envelope, and you will be able to confirm or change your address information reflected in the letter.
- Then the system will generate the letter for your use.
- If you have any problems, please click the help tab in EDAS.
All Other Speakers and Attendees and authors requiring hard copy letters should follow the instructions at http://www.comsoc.org/node/add/visa-assistance-request
- Please note that we will not respond to requests submitted after 21 November 2015.
- Please note there will be a $25USD mailing fee for hard copy request.